Crossing State Lines

Sam Roberts – Purdue University

What made you decide on Perdue as your college?

“I picked this college because it seemed to be the best fit for me. I’ve always been a hobbyist engineer and Purdue’s powerhouse of an engineering program supports that.”

Any advice for students looking to go out of state for college?

“Consider your education and enviornment first. Enviornment is important, you don’t want to end up in a place far from home that could make you depressed/burnt out, especially if there are schools instate where you’ll be happy.”

Carter Peet – University of Wisconsin (Parkside)

What made you decide on U of W Parkside as your college?

“I decided to go to parkside because I liked the coaching staff, they had the major I really wanted to go into and pursue. They also gave me the opporunity to do track in college which was something I really wanted to do.”

“Persue your passions no matter where it is in the world.”

Dalal Harajli – New York University

What made you decide on NYU as your college?

“I love New York City. It was always a dream of mine to live there. New York University is a great school and I know that whatever I major in, they will have a good program for it.”

“Don’t overwhelm yourself. I feel like a lot of people think that getting into prestigous schools means you have to be in every single sport, club, etc. Find one or two things you enjoy and stick to it.”

Savannah Capote – US Air Force

Why did you want to join the Air Force?

“I want to help people. My family’s been in the Air Force for a while, a few decades actually so I have a very long history with the military and me, I’ve looked into every possibility and this is the only thing I want to do.”

“Don’t let other people change your opinion. They don’t matter, it’s only what you think and what you want in life.”